CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happiness is a state of mind!

Last Wednesday was just an AWFUL day for me. So many things were going on at once.
I was getting barked at the job, reading the way people have slandered my name around 'campus', and of course the bullet that hurt the most, My father not even one day in NY was already degrading me as a human being. Nothing out of the ordinary, but enough to make me feel lower than dirt.

I was at work desperate for a way out, anyone to turn to, anyone...anything...

As soon as 5:30pm hit i rushed out the door realizing..eerr..i cant go home. Home for me is the pure equivalent to isolation. Isolation = thinking. My thinking at the moment = no bueno.

I called everyone i can think of to see if they could help me run and escape for that night, at the least. No one answered.

I called the person i vowed to never contact when i felt this low, my ex. He didn't hesitate to offer me the escape i was agonizing for. I went over and it was just what i needed, to be alone, but not lonely.

That morning on the train ride to work i was thinking,"why didn't i feel any better than i did yesterday?" That is when i remembered and realized, i cant seek happiness, happiness cannot be given to you, nobody can make you happy but YOU!

I took this thought and ran with it...
Happiness is not a happening. Happiness is a state of mind.


One can have everything in the world and be miserable. Or you can have relatively little and
bounce off the walls with joy.

That sidetracked me to another point. You have to truly appreciate what you have in your life.
When you appreciate, everything else becomes insignificant.

TRY THIS:
- Think of all your troubles. That significant other who left without saying a word, or left with saying harsh words. The person who cheated, stole, might as well have cut you open. Think about that interview you prepared so much for and they never called you back. Think about your family, your empty wallet and saturated debt. Think about how you lost your favorite necklace, or you just missed the train. Think about that loved one that passed away and your angry and sad their no longer there. How you found out nasty things people are saying about you. Think about all the awful things that make you hurt, cry, angry, scream! Dont you wish you would just disappear or just die...

-NOW: close your eyes... for just a minute..imagine that you are blind. No colors, no shapes, no sense of direction, no sight of your family, friends, or your significant other. No sunset or sunrise, no lightness, only darkness.

-NOW: imagine that suddenly there's a miracle. You open your eyes and your vision is restored! So ask yourself now, how do you feel about all those problems before? they don't matter as much do they? Good. your getting it =)

Appreciate the fact that you can make yourself HAPPY no matter what the circumstance. Why?
Because Happiness is not a happening. Happiness is a state of mind.

0 comments: